We are seeking hardworking, high-energy, positive individuals who are motivated by a career interest in food and sustainable agriculture to join our team. Siena Farms’ Assistant Retail Manager is a lead member of the year-round retail staff for our 75-acre non-certified organic vegetable farm. They are supervised by our Retail Manager and Farmer Chris, and works closely with other managers and members of the Siena Farms’ team, to help professionally operate and grow sales at Siena Farms South End and our Boston Public Market farm store.
Our Assistant Retail Manager, like all of our employees, will be held to high standards for organization, communication, positive attitude, respect and kindness for coworkers, work quality, and professional work ethic and schedule. A background in retail sales or customer service is required, as well as fluency in Mandarin or Cantonese. Candidates should also have experience with, and passion for, farming and/or cooking.
The assistant retail manager position is a full-time year-round position. Hours average 40 hours per week, spread over 4 or 5 shifts per week. Weekend availability is required. Compensation includes a competitive salary and health insurance, a weekly CSA vegetable share, health insurance, and staff discounts at our retail locations as well as Oleana, Sofra and Sarma.
- Daily retail sales and point-of-sale system entries
- Friendly and knowledgeable customer service
- Development and maintenance of opening-day and end-of-day protocols
- Product display, pricing, labeling, and quality control
- Product sourcing and ordering
- Sales and invoicing for chefs and other wholesale customers @ retail
- CSA promotion, sales, and customer service for members @ retail
- Market Card promotion, sales, and customer service
- Coordinating with our business managers on social media marketing
- Leadership in outreach and customer events, in the city and on the farm
- Recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of retail staff
- Training of retail assistants into some or all of these retail activities
- Scheduling staff shifts at each retail location
- Flexibility and willingness to cover vacant retail shifts as needed or in emergency situations, including potential double-shifts periodically, with the understanding that if staff hiring, training, and scheduling goals are met, this should rarely be required
- Monthly product inventory
- Regular meetings and communication with our Retail Manager and with Farmer Chris, as well as with other farm managers and assistant managers
Please email a letter of interest and a resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!