Assistant Office Manager
We are seeking a hard-working, committed, talented individual motivated by a career interest in food systems to join our 2023 team as an Assistant Office Manager.
Siena Farms’ Assistant Office Manager is a member of the year-round staff for our 75-acre diversified produce farm. They are supervised by our Business Manager and Asst. Business Manager to help coordinate and operate CSA membership and manage key administrative tasks related to the operations of the farm office and CSA program. They, like all of our employees, are held to high standards for organization, communication, positive attitude, respect and kindness for coworkers, work quality, and professional work ethic, work pace, and work schedule. Of all of these values, respect and kindness for coworkers is the top priority, as everything else follows from that.
Primary responsibilities of the Assistant Office Manager include but are not limited to assisting our Business Managers with the oversight and execution of the following areas:
- Coordinate CSA schedule changes for members, received via email or phone
- Oversight and preparation of CSA pack counts for the upcoming week for Harvest Managers and delivery personnel
- CSA Member database updates
- Maintain CSA customer seasonal schedules
- Prepare weekly CSA customer newsletters, including the Kids' Share newsletter
- Execute customer retainment and recruitment activities
- Communicate with CSA host sites about schedule changes, updates, promotional material, etc.
- Assist with Kids' Share planning and program management
- Manage Trial Farm Share program
- General office duties like answering phone calls, checking and returning voicemails, fulfillment of online and over-the-phone Market Card sales, making bank and post office runs, ordering office supplies, etc.
- Manage the office Google Calendar
- Assist in website maintenance and updates
- Oversight of printed and digital marketing materials, such as flyers, posters, take-one cards, etc.
- Prepare reports for team meetings
- Assist in managing the farm's social media presence
- Assist in the coordination and operation of special events, such as CSA member events, fundraising events, volunteer harvest days, farm dinners, staff events, etc.
Secondary Responsibilities of our Assistant Office Manager, when and if the primary responsibilities described above are accomplished at any given time during the day, week, or season, and/or when it is asked of them by their manager(s) based on priorities of the farm as a whole, include but are not limited to the following:
- CSA box pack; assisting with crop production work in the greenhouse and fields; harvesting and washup; wholesale/CSA deliveries; etc.
- Previous experience working in an administrative role or as an assistant, previous management experience is a plus
- Familiarity with the CSA model for farm businesses
- Interest in sustainable agriculture and food systems
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and triage work based on priority level
- Very high attention to detail and ability to problem solve
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Mid-to-high level of experience with or knowledge of Google Sheets (or MS Excel)
- Ability to work comfortably on a team in a collaborative setting, as well as ability to self-direct
- Experience with Shopify web maintenance is a plus, but not required
Schedule, Compensation, & Benefits
- This position is full-time and is available to start immediately. The weekly schedule will be discussed in detail during the interview process. Compensation is salaried and includes a generous PTO package. Benefits include a weekly CSA vegetable share, health insurance with monthly premiums fully covered by the employer (after first 90 days of employment), and staff discounts at our retail locations as well as family restaurants Oleana and Sofra.
Please email a letter of interest and a resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!