Reserve a large, heavy, full-bushel box of Siena Farms’ autumn vegetables & local fruits for your Thanksgiving feast! And this year, add one (or more!) of Sofra‘s specialty pies to your order for a sweet, unique, and insanely delicious finale to your meal. Gobble Boxes and pies will be delivered/picked up together.
Gobble Contents: Each Gobble Box is filled to the brim with an assortment of holiday veggies, including winter squash, hearty root vegetables, cooking greens, local apples, and more.
Las year’s Gobble Box contents are the following, as an example of what’s to come! We’ll be updating this list with exact contents of our 2020 Gobble Box closer to Thanksgiving.
- 8 lbs mashing potatoes
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes
- 3 lbs orange bolero carrots
- 1 large red cabbage
- 2 large butternut squash
- 6 lbs local baking apples
- 2 lbs kale
- 2 lbs local fresh cranberries
- 2 lbs Macomber turnips – a sweet variety with an interesting local backstory!
- 3 lbs assorted winter radishes
- 2 lbs onions
- 1.5 lbs kalettes – a delicious cross between kale and Brussels sprouts!
As a reference for our CSA members, please note that your full-bushel Gobble Box will be twice the size (and weight!) of a regular weekly CSA box.
Pies available from Sofra*:
- Sesame Caramel Pumpkin Pie: made with tahini caramel and topped with caramelized buckwheat and pepitas
- Apple Butter Custard: Sofra’s house-made apple butter baked in a buttermilk custard
- Brown Butter Pecan Pie with Espresso Dates: a layer of dates cooked in espresso adds a twist to the classic pecan pie
*Please note: if you would like to purchase pies only, keep an eye on Sofra’s website closer to the holiday for direct ordering from them. For logistical/distribution reasons, pies can only be ordered below in conjunction with a Gobble Box order. Make sense?
Pricing: The price of our 2020 Gobble Box is $75, representing a 30% discount off the retail value of your Siena Farms’ Thanksgiving veggies. Sofra pies are priced at $32/pie (feeds 6-8 people).
In addition to all this delicious food, you will also receive a special Thanksgiving e-newsletter chock-full of recipes for the big feast!
Pickup/Delivery: Your Gobble Box and Pie order is available for pickup and delivery during Thanksgiving week on the following days and at the following locations:
- Home Delivery! Available for addresses in Greater Boston/Metro West for an additional $10 per Gobble Box (no additional delivery charge for pies). Please note your home delivery date will be either Monday (11/23), or Tuesday (11/24), depending on your address.
- Pickup Locations:
- Monday, November 23rd
- Ayer: Alltown Fresh, 2pm onward (open 24 hours)
- Rancatore’s Belmont: 11am-10pm
- Rancatore’s Newton: 3pm-10pm
- Somerville: Davis Squared, 11am-6pm
- Southborough: The Vin Bin, 11am-3pm
- Sudbury: Karma Coffee, 9:30am-12pm
- Monday, November 23rd
- Tuesday, November 23rd
- Sudbury: Siena Farms, 9am-8pm
- Acton: Kitchen Outfitters, 11am-5pm
- Brookline: Beech Tree Inn, 3pm-8pm
- Chestnut Hill: Synergy Private Health, 11am-4:30pm
- Rancatore’s Lexington: 10am-10pm
Gobble Box and Sofra Pie pre-orders must be placed by the end-of-day Wednesday, November 18th, and can be purchased online, in person at either of our Boston retail locations, or by calling the farm at 978-261-5365.
Questions? Give us a call or email our office manager, Rachel.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING from all of us here at Siena Farms!