Recipe by BPM Retail Manager, JB
“This is a bare bones recipe to help you find inventive ways to use up the surplus of head lettuce throughout the summer! Check the notes for ways to adapt and reinvent this sauce as the season changes.”
leaves of 2 lettuce heads
4 garlic scapes
1-2 hungarian wax peppers
leaves of 2-3 stems thai basil or cilantro*
juice 1 lime*
*Ingredients available at our farm stores -- in-person or online via What's Good
- Blend the salsa: blend the leaves of the lettuce heads, scapes, peppers, thai basil, and lime juice. salt to taste.
- Serving: serve with fresh tortillas chips, atop roasted vegetables and fish, or stirred into soups and dips.
- Try adding in onion, and swapping in fresh garlic for garlic scapes when they’re in season.
- If you don’t have a lime on hand, try subbing lemons juice or 1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- The thai basil can be subbed for cilantro, parsley, or a mix of your favorite herbs.
- Use any hot pepper in place of the wax pepper.
- For questions or feedback, I encourage you to message me on instagram @jbdouglas.food